Paul Mc Cann

Default Workshop Wiring - Prep work before Electrician

In article ,
says...
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:30:53 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:23:25 GMT, Mike Harrison
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:28:03 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 20:30:16 GMT, Mike Harrison
wrote:

I never suggested running power cables in blue pipe - the OP said he was running armoured for power,
which I would agree with, and I suggested blue pipe for everything else : phone, data etc., so
there is no safety issue.

Blue pipe is intended for water. There are numerous other pipe types
around that are the appropriate colours for communications services.

But the blue stuff is probably much more readily available, and probably cheaper in DIY quantities,
therefore it would be entirely reasonable and appropriate to use it in this circumstance.

Neither of those reasons is an appropriate one for using something
inappropriate for the job - it doesn't matter how cheap it is.

Nonsense. It's not a safety issue, in this example. If you want to waste money/time/effort doing
everything to comply with every concievable standard, that's up to you, the rest of us just get on
with it.

He could just paint the bloody thing !
--
Paul Mc Cann