Greg G.

Default Unisaw Electrical Plug

Brian Elfert said:

Where do you find something that gets used in a normal residence with a 20
amp plug?

Residence? Nothing that I'm aware of - they use a NEMA 5-15P.
My observation was that the internals and bonding straps are heavier.

Why do they put a 15 amp connector on a saw that draws 18 amps?
Why is the sky blue?

15 amp receptacles get used because nothing in 99% of all houses uses 20
amps. The wiring is 20 amp because it services multiple outlets.

Sure, I understand. But local Authority Has Jurisdiction.
So I do what they say.

Is using the bonding straps on an outlet to continue the circuit even code
legal? A good electrician will run a pigtail to the outlet and not use
the bonding strap. I wired my own house and used pigtails.

That's nice, dear.
It's legal here.
The bonding strap supplies current to the other outlet as well - just
the thing for those 20 amp appliances. :-o

As I said, AHJ. :-\

Greg G.