Default External Aerial fixing query

wrote:
Thanks Chris.
I thought that there was a factor of ten between inside the roof and
outside
the roof?
My motive for the move is to do with Digital TV: there's no point in
amplifying rubbish
(but enough of "Channel Five" :-) so the move outside was my next ploy.
Ta again

I'm not really an authority on this, you'd be better off asking in
uk.tech.digital-tv.

You may be limited by what will fit, it's not a good thing if the
aerial is very close to the roof as you get all sorts of odd effects
and it becomes difficult to position it.

Go to uk.tech.digital-tv and describe what you already have and I'm
sure you'll get (some) reasonable answers suggesting what may be
better.

BTW are you sure your existing aerial covers the right frequencies for
the digital MUXes your using? If it was just the existing analogue
aerial it might be that simply changing to a similar one that covers
the right frequencies will improve things enough.

--
Chris Green