EricP

Default Removing Lino Adhesive: Skarsten Scraper

On 31 Oct 2005 05:42:25 -0800, wrote:

I'm clearing some old lino tiles from my bedroom floor (so that it can
be sanded). I'm having problems getting the adhesive up - basically
it's sticky, gloopy & horrible. I think that the adhesive is possibly
latex based and someone's recommended using a 'skarsten' scraper.

I haven't heard of them before but I've managed to find this "Skarsten
Style Scraper" at
http://tinyurl.com/ctnhw I'm not sure if this is the
best tool for the job or if something like this "Bahco 440 Universal
Scraper" at http://tinyurl.com/78n65 would be better.

Any recommendations / experience would be welcome.

Regards,

Michael

This scraper is a wood finishing tool. It is normally used to remove
varnish from quality woodwork like doors and tables. It may be too
delicate for your purpose. The blades also have little space for crap
to collect so you will spend more time cleaning the blade than using
it.