jonni

Default Workshop Wiring - Prep work before Electrician

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:23:25 GMT, Mike Harrison

I never suggested running power cables in blue pipe - the OP said he

was running armoured for power,
which I would agree with, and I suggested blue pipe for everything else

: phone, data etc., so
there is no safety issue.

Blue pipe is intended for water. There are numerous other pipe types
around that are the appropriate colours for communications services.

But the blue stuff is probably much more readily available, and probably

cheaper in DIY quantities,
therefore it would be entirely reasonable and appropriate to use it in

this circumstance.

Neither of those reasons is an appropriate one for using something
inappropriate for the job - it doesn't matter how cheap it is.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Grateful for all the info guys. Mike, I did take your advice and went to
get some coloured pipes to run the cable through, quite subconsciously I
chose black!! - only to return to find a colour pipe frenzy in the thread
;-)

To be honest, now that I've read all the threads I'm glad I chose black as
like Andy said, I intend moving house in about 5 years and wouldn't like to
leave any nasty surprises for the new tenants!! - besides..... I'm trying to
learn as much as possible as I go along and the whole 'this colour for this
type' was new to me. My trench is now done (approx 400mm) and the warning
tape etc is on order.

Thanks again to all who replied

Jonni