ehsjr

Default NEC 2005 Handbook

Thomas Avery wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

Pop wrote:

"Nehmo" wrote in message
: For a .pdf of the NEC 2005 Handbook, National Electric Code Tenth
: Edition (no password needed),
: Use this ed2k link:
:
:
ed2k://|file|2005_NEC_Handbook(National%20Electrical%20Co de_%20NFPA).pdf
Well, first of all, that's NOT an internet URL: It's a path to a
particular file on a particular hard drive in a specific computer, NOT an
internet web site address. Why do I think the OP knows/knew that?

Because Nehmo is, IMO, an accomplished thief and assumes others are as
well.

Matt

5th Circuit Court ruled a couple of years ago that any standard incorporated
into local ordinances must be available free of charge. Basically what the
court said was that laws cannot be copyrighted. So if the NEC is accepted by
a municapility or state as part of their regulations, it must be provided
free and the copyright is voided. I think that the suit was Veeck vs. I
don't recall the defendant.

Irrelevant.

Nehmo is offering the NEC *handbook*. The *handbook* is *NOT*
the standard. It includes far more than just the NEC code.

Ed