Reb

Default Broken doorknob

wrote in message
Remove the screws from the lock on the inside of the door. Remove the
lock. Then replace it with a new one. For what they cost, they are
not worth fixing and often cant be fixed anyhow.

I did remove the screws and the knobs. I have removed every screw I have
access to. But I can't see any way of removing the rest of the lock without
having access to the edge of the door to remove the screws there and pull
the rest of the lock out that way. The assembly the holds the latch
mechanism is recessed back a little ways in the edge of the hole, opposite
the edge of the door. If I try to just pound it out, it's going to rip up
the wood. I don't care about the lock (obviously I need a new one), but I'd
rather not destroy the door.