Pop

Default OT Rant

Boy, a lot of people are going to identify with you on that!
Service? Duhh, wot's dat?

"Sam S." wrote in message
: Good Grief, what happened to America?
:
: In a time where corporations are crying, saying everything is
so
: competitive. It makes me wonder if they're trying to see who
can make the
: most junk, with the least customer service, and laugh the most
at the
: customers. Or, are companies just doing whatever they can, to
grab a buck,
: and not think of the future?
:
: I'm not one to shop for cheap, I just want a decent product and
service,
: without being
: gouged.
:
: Just some of the experiences this year that is putting me over
the edge.
:
: 1. Bought a 26" walk behind Snapper mower from a tractor supply
company.
: Problem after problem, starting it. After the second time of
: 165# machine in my truck, I told them come get it. I told them
if they
: couldn't fix it the third time around, to give me a new one.
They responded
: they are backed up, and it would be approx. 2 weeks b/4 they
would be able
: to diagnose it. With that, I told them if they couldn't get it
back to me
: within 2 days, to keep it, for I would call the CC company, and
report it as
: an unsatisfactory product for which I would not pay. They got
it back to me
: within 2 days, but when they called, they told me come pick it
up. UGH!
: Bring me the darn thing, or keep it. They brought it out the
same day.
:
: 2. Wanting to get rid of the dinosaur dial up, and having to
deal with
: outsourced techs over in India, I thought I would go with the
no-brainer and
: get DSL. An online application indicated I couldn't get DSL
from my
: telephone company. WTF? So, I find out the neighbor, not 200
ft. away, has
: DSL from the local telephone company. He's had it for over 2
years. I input
: all the neighbors adjoining his property, they can't get it.
Ok, I call the
: phone company, and inquire what's the deal. They read off their
system says
: I can't get it. Ok, I know what the system says, but why can
this guy get
: it, and nobody else, even though their properties are
adjoining? The
: response is: The system says you can't. UGH! Ok, I now have RR
on order, and
: will see how this ordeal goes down.
:
: 3. Landed a new job early this year. It was for the largest LTL
trucking
: company in the nation. I just acquired Class A, with hazmat,
double-triples,
: and tanker. I have driven straight truck going on 3 years. They
give me a
: yard test, to see if I can hookup double/triples. Ok, no
problem. Next thing
: they give me a road test, ok, no problem. Next thing they want
me to do is
: drive doubles for them. Now, I don't mind being thrown to the
lions, but to
: pull a set of doubles, one should have experience running a
combination unit
: first. I quit, simply because I think safety first, and I know
I wasn't
: ready to pull doubles.
:
: 4. Took out a loan, and started paying it down by paying extra
towards
: principle only. I read the fine print, and there wasn't a
penalty for paying
: off the loan early. Next thing that happens, the bank attempts
to charge me
: for paying the loan off early. It took an act of the States
Attorney
: General, to get things straightened out.
:
: 5. I've went through 4 Bunn coffee makers with 7 years. I have
city water,
: filter, and a water softener. Decided to look at other makers,
because I'm
: not satisfied with how long these have lasted. Everyone I've
looked at, you
: pour water in the back. Ok, my counters are standard width (25
inches).
: Standard height from counter to upper cabinets (between 16/18
inches, mine
: is 17"). Now, how are you supposed lift the lid, and pour water
in the back,
: if you have the coffee maker sitting under the upper cabinets?
They should
: put wheels on these things or something, if you have to pull
out the maker
: each time to dump coffee. That's what I liked about the Bunn,
the lid flips
: from the front. I mean, I shouldn't have to remodel my kitchen,
in order to
: have a coffee maker.
:
: 6. Got a Deere 280 skid-steer. The engineering on the dang
thing is
: absolutely atrocious. I won't go into specifics, but I could
write a book on
: what's wrong with this thing.
:
: 7. Called for some top soil, scheduled to delivery in the A.M.
I waited, and
: waited and..... Finally called the company to see if they were
going to make
: it. Their response: They are too busy today, let's schedule for
next week.
: Ya right, I'll jump right on that one.
:
:
: