Liz

Default Gutter covers - yes or no?

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
I had gutter helmet and they were crap. THey go under the shingles and
whether they work depends on the pitch of the roof. Leafguard work great
though only they are expensive. They do overflow in the toughest corners
in the worse storms but they act like a ski lift and the overflow ends up
far from the foundation. Mine are absolutely clean on 8 years. My father
had them too with large oaks on his property. They worked perfectly. But,
like I said, expensive.

Thanks for your feedback, Art. Expense is not our primary concern if they
work. But if Leafguard needs to go under shingles, we wouldn't be able to
use them on the whole roof. I'm wondering if it might be just as
economically feasible to just hire someone twice a year to clean the
gutters...at least for another 12 years or so when our 3 1/2-year-old
grandson can take over!

Liz