JM

Default Sun (Sony?) GDM-5410 Excessive brightness

"Don" None@Given wrote in message
Hi,
I have a GDM-5410 monitor that can no longer adjust the

brightness/contrast.
The display *works* -- but appears as if the brightness and contrast
controls
are pegged at maximum (even when I set them at their minimums).
I've tried RESET. And the "auto adjust" function to no avail.
I'd hate to add another 70 pounds of glass and heavy metals to our local
landfill if there's a relatively simple fix for this (like most big

Sony's,
they
are a real mess inside!)
Any suggestions?