Default Portable HDTV Set

wrote:

"Brenda Ann" wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
groups.com...

I would agree....would you want your cell phone to come with a cord
that you had to plug into a stationary socket before using it?

HDTV will not be a replacement for NTSC until it does everything that
NTSC does now...everything.

And the public will not accept it until it does everything that it
replaces.

NTSC will be with us longer than anyone wants to admit.

I'd like to believe that, but I'm afraid that the FCC has other ideas.

I know I won't be buying an HDTV receiver any time soon, they're still
WAY out of my budget. I can buy a 27" NTSC set that looks just fine for
what's being broadcast for $175, it's 10x to 12x that for the cheapest
HDTV ready (without the HDTV tuner) set. Damn if I'll pay more than a
week's wages for a TV set, there's just nothing worth that kind of
scratch to WATCH on them.

Not a widescreen, but not a bad deal for an entry level set.
No where near $1750-2100 either! Check your facts first.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2601424

Chip

If it's not widescreen, it's not HDTV.