Greg G.

Default Chucks or alternatives

John DeBoo said:

Went into my local Woodcraft today to buy a Nova Midi chuck for my Jet
Midi 1014 and the salesperson convinced(?) me this was not the one for
me by telling me how it would be a bad choice for me needs and that I
needed a 3rd hand to be able to mount stuff in it. I really needed the
Super Nova - which of course costs about what I paid or more for my
lathe new i year ago @ Woodcraft. I just can't rationalize doing that.

Incidentally, did he happen to mention that the SuperNova2 chuck is on
sale for $160 beginning October 31 through Nov 30. I have one, it
nice, and you can swap it to the $2000 lathe later on.

FWIW,

Greg G.