Dave Mundt

Default Planing against the grain?

Greetings and Salutations....

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:22:42 GMT, "Mac"
wrote:

Tom,
You rock!!
The Safe-t-planer was just the ticket.
Thanks man,
-Mac

Well, while I am behind the curve here (got
distracted from the newsgroups by the chaos of life),
another really good alternative is a drum sander.
I am building a 36" one just now, and if I can get
out to the shop will get the last 30% finished.
However...as I was saying...very easy to use,
and does a great job with things like this
as there is no real stress on the piece.
Many cabinet shops have them and often will
run stock through for a few cents a board foot
(or a six pack). If you do a lot, actually
purchasing one might be worthwhile.
Regards
Dave Mundt