199.45.49.11

Default best compound miter saw?

I'm happy with my Rigid. But the lasers looks good, but is honestly of
little value. If you just ripping and chopping the laser is quick, but for
fine cut's you can't use it!

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for input before purchasing a compound miter saw for my
husband as a gift. I am looking to replace a radial arm saw that he
picked up used several years ago. The darn thing never stays in
alignment for a straight cut. I've been told a compound miter saw is
more useful, but don't know what to get. He is just a hobby and fix-it
user, but I am willing to get him a nice one ($500-600 range if
needed). Is it worth it to move up to a sliding compoung miter? He'd
like a saw with a laser line. I'd appreciate any input you can give me
as to features to look for, brands, accessories to get (his kids are
looking for gift ideas too), etc. Thanks for your time.