afdr9lk

Default South Bend cross slide repairs

Tony wrote:
Don't recall there being a set screw there, isn't it the oil hole plug? At
any rate the groove is there for a reason.

I saw that groove but it looked like it was created
by some idiot taking out the feed screw with the
set screw ran down into the nut. Are you telling me
all of them have that groove?

Yeah it's the oil hole plug. I just got it not too long
ago but someone had run that plug down into the compound
rest bushing and then tried to unscrew the bushing. It
dug a deep groove around it in the existing groove and
that is why I questioned it being there originally.
Unfortunately it weakened the bushing caused it to break
when I screwed it back in. Now I have a big problem.