Bruno

Default Bay area electronic and mechanical surplus stores

Eric,

Check Craigslist, specifically this ad
http://www.craigslist.org/sby/tls/106798679.html
I don't know who it is, but he's been putting up lots of ads for all
kinds of tooling for weeks now. I've been thinking of seeing if he'll
take a personal visit but have not gotten 'round to it yet and I'm an
hour away from there.

-Bruno

(Eric R Snow) wrote:

I know this subject has come up a few times but things change pretty
fast in the San Francisco Bay Area and I'd like something up to date.
I found out this morning that a planned trip to Sonora, CA has instead
been changed to, I think, Palo Alto. While my wife and her relatives
do their thing I will hopefully be able to get away and explore some
surplus stores. We leave monday morning and it will probably turn out
that I will only be able to get away for maybe 6 or 7 hours total over
two or three days. I will be looking for machine shop small tools such
as cutting tools, inspection tools, air vises, collet closers and
collets, chucks, etc. On the electronics list will be small to medium
sized servo motors (3 to 12 inches long x 2 to 8 inches dia), LCD
monitors, industrial rated keyboards, and anything interesting. And
for mechanical and electromechanical stuff I'm looking for positioning
equipment such as leadscrews, linear bearings, dovetail slides, linear
shafting, bearings, etc. So if anyone knows of any places that fit the
bill I'd really appreciate some names. Phone numbers and addresses too
if you have them. I'll be making some maps to take down with me to get
the best use of my time.
Thanks,
Eric R Snow