Norminn

Default Question for Painters (colors)

wrote:
I'm looking for some neutral shades of paint.
I was wondering if anyone can supply me with the paint brand and chip
number of some nice neutral shades.

It seems I paint a room over and over again looking for the right
color. The color on the chip looks nice, but when I get it on the wall
there is too much red or green, etc... Or it's too light or dark.

If you paint for a living, I'd sure appreciate the brand/chip number of
the neutral paints you use.

A nice neutral? That is a challenge, since you say they are too light,
too dark, too green, etc. You might ask at a paint store for chips with
tints that contain only umber/brown. An experienced paint mixer could
probably very easily mix something within your preferences. Or, take a
chip you think you like, look at it in daylight and at home under normal
lighting. Compare it also to chips of similar darkness that are blue,
green, pink. The contrasting tints would brink out the too-whatever in
your chip. The tinting colors are very few, so if you want something
with no red, or no green, it can be made. Furnishings in the room,
along with lighting, can change color appearance by contrast, daylight
color (cloudy or sunny) or by reflection.