Brenda Ann

Default Portable HDTV Set

"Andy Cuffe" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 07:44:57 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

I know I won't be buying an HDTV receiver any time soon, they're still WAY
out of my budget. I can buy a 27" NTSC set that looks just fine for what's
being broadcast for $175, it's 10x to 12x that for the cheapest HDTV ready
(without the HDTV tuner) set. Damn if I'll pay more than a week's wages
for
a TV set, there's just nothing worth that kind of scratch to WATCH on
them.

HDTVs are actually a LOT cheaper than that now. You can get a 27ish
Sanyo set with a built in ATSC tuner for about $450 now. Not top
quality, but unless Sanyo is farming out manufacturing to Durabrand it
should be decent.

Sure don't have anything like that available at our PX or through AAFES
Online. Cheapest digital ready TV we have access to is $1000, 24" screen,
and has no digital tuner even available for it yet.