Andy Cuffe

Default Portable HDTV Set

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 07:44:57 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

I know I won't be buying an HDTV receiver any time soon, they're still WAY
out of my budget. I can buy a 27" NTSC set that looks just fine for what's
being broadcast for $175, it's 10x to 12x that for the cheapest HDTV ready
(without the HDTV tuner) set. Damn if I'll pay more than a week's wages for
a TV set, there's just nothing worth that kind of scratch to WATCH on them.

HDTVs are actually a LOT cheaper than that now. You can get a 27ish
Sanyo set with a built in ATSC tuner for about $450 now. Not top
quality, but unless Sanyo is farming out manufacturing to Durabrand it
should be decent.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005