Edwin Pawlowski

Default Insulation

"Sasha" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to add R-30 insulation to my attic. So far I used only JM
fiberglass insulation from HD or Lowes. Since now adding attic
insulation will cost me approximately $1000 at least I want to shop a
little bit to see if I can save something. Are there any other brands
that manufacture fiberglass insulation and are worth considering? Are
HD or Lowes the best place to buy fiberglass insulation? JM insulation
is formaldehyde-free? How important is it? Do other manufacturers use
formaldehyde in their fiberglass batts?

I've never heard of formaldehyde being used in fiberglass batts. In the
attic, it wouldn't matter anyway.

You may want to call a professional to get a price. Many people have been
able to get it done for the same price as buying and doing it themselves.
The pro buys much larger quantities that you will so he gets better prices.