Tom MacIntyre

Default Behringer Vintager GM110 guitar amp problem!

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:30:06 +0100, marsupialman
m wrote:

Hi all - I just joined your mighty forum.

I bought a new Vintager GM110 via eBay about a year ago. When the amp
is switched on and my guitar plugged in, there is no output noise
either through the speaker or the headphone socket, though the On
button glows red as usual. When I switch the amp off, there is about
one second of amplified noise (such as a chosen guitar chord), then
silence.

So as the power internally reduces, the amplifier works? I'd suspect
an over-voltage problem, which could be verified by applying reduced
AC to the (assumedly) linear power supply in the amplifier (or does it
have an external supply?). You'll likely require a technician to sort
this one for you, unless it has a documented history/magic bullet for
this problem.

Looks like a dandy little amp...

Tom

Has a component, such as the off/on switch, failed?

Is there an easy way for me to fix this problem?

Thanks very much!