Derek Andrews

Default Chucks or alternatives

John DeBoo wrote:
Went into my local Woodcraft today to buy a Nova Midi chuck for my Jet
Midi 1014 and the salesperson convinced(?) me this was not the one for
me by telling me how it would be a bad choice for me needs and that I
needed a 3rd hand to be able to mount stuff in it. I really needed the
Super Nova - which of course costs about what I paid or more for my
lathe new i year ago @ Woodcraft. I just can't rationalize doing that.

I managed with a chuck like this for the first 4 or 5 years of my
turning career. I developed work arounds for all of its problems. I
would never want to go back to using one now, but for your requirements
I think it will be suffice.

Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
http://chipshop.blogspot.com - a blog for my customers