Randy Replogle

Default Is this just one of those "Secret" Machinist things?

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:25:55 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Greetings and Salutations

Other day, I'm sent over to the Mori Cell in Bldg 1, and the first
thing Bob says is "Okay, clear off the granite slab, get a cup of coffee,
pour it on the slab and wipe it off."
?Wash the slab with coffee?
"Yeah, it cuts the oil from the Komo." [The Komo has spray and chip
issues. Even with shower curtains going up near the ceiling, it still
manages to fling chips on our rock. Bad Komo, bad.]

Anyway, I figure "WTH, he's been doing this longer than I..." and clear
off the slab, pour the coffee and start wiping. It works, too! And after
all I've said about building 1's coffee, you really _can_ use it as an
industrial cleaner....

So, is this just one of those 'field expedites' or just something
Machinists Know, which Engineers lack the hands on experience to know?

tschus
pyotr

Oil or coolant? Probably any water based liquid would dissolve
coolant.
Randy
--
Randy Replogle