Andy Hall

Default Workshop Wiring - Prep work before Electrician

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 20:30:16 GMT, Mike Harrison
wrote:

I never suggested running power cables in blue pipe - the OP said he was running armoured for power,
which I would agree with, and I suggested blue pipe for everything else : phone, data etc., so
there is no safety issue.

Blue pipe is intended for water. There are numerous other pipe types
around that are the appropriate colours for communications services.

In the overall case, placing warning tape above the trench would be far more important than what
services were what colour, to alert any potential digger that there is 'something' there.

There is a specific yellow and black one for electricity.

It is important to use the correct colours for the appropriate
services.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl