Dr. Hardcrab

Default Which dishwasher brand to buy?

"badgolferman" wrote in message
Abe, 10/29/2005,6:36:41 PM, wrote:

I'm looking to replace my 12 year old Amana dishwasher, and want to
get a really flexible unit that lets you take out the top rack (for
really tall items), has a SS tub, waste grinder, and is really quiet.

I've looked at many dishwashers online, but I can't really tell which
is best from the marketing language.

Any recommendations based on personal experience, regardless of price?

We bought a Whirlpool Quiet Partner II that was dinged up for a great
price from Lowe's. I am very impressed with its features and
quietness. You can hear it, but compared to our 15 year old Whirlpool
it is nearly silent.

Not trying to "one up" you, but i bought the Quiet Partner III last year and
that sucker IS quiet. The only time you hear it is if someone puts a plate
(or glass, bowl, etc.) in crooked where it's banging against another. Even
THEN you can barely hear it.....