DaveM

Default Behringer Vintager GM110 guitar amp problem!

"marsupialman" m wrote in
message r.com...

Hi all - I just joined your mighty forum.

I bought a new Vintager GM110 via eBay about a year ago. When the amp
is switched on and my guitar plugged in, there is no output noise
either through the speaker or the headphone socket, though the On
button glows red as usual. When I switch the amp off, there is about
one second of amplified noise (such as a chosen guitar chord), then
silence.

Has a component, such as the off/on switch, failed?

Is there an easy way for me to fix this problem?

Thanks very much!

--
marsupialman

To give you the short answer, probably not. This might sound like a harsh
reply, but it's not meant in that fashion.
In view of your obvious lack of electronic knowledge and troubleshooting
ability, it would be much cheaper and quicker for you to take the amp to a
qualified repair shop and pay the price for a competent repair.

You suspect the power switch when you should have immediately dismissed it
because the ON light is on, as it should be. The fact that it does in fact
produce sound at all indicated that the amp is being powered on. There is
a malfunction somewhere else in the amp, most likely a bad tube. If you
have access to a tube tester, then by all means, have the tubes checked.
You could check your guitar and cord with another amp to make sure that they
are working OK. Beyond those simple things, it's my opinion that for you to
open this amp and attempt repair, you would risk further damage.

Cheers!!!!
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in