Phisherman

Default How does Elmers interior wood glue stack up against TB original.

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:15:29 -0400, "Stephen M"
wrote:

I'm running out of glue and it's time to restock. The local Borg carries
Elmers (interior wood glue) and tightbond.

I do not need water resistance. Chalk point, however is factor as I tend to
keep a cool shop. Elmers is a couple bucks cheaper than Titebond I
(original). Is there any reason why I should not consider just buy the
Elmers?

-Steve

I have used Elmers Woodworkers glue for over 25 years. It is stronger
than wood. You could buy a small amount of each and conduct an
experiment, but I think they are close to equal.