Mark

Default Centering Scopes?

Article in Model Engineer last year to make one from 1/2 inch
plexi (acrylic). Works great. /mark

Tove Momerathsson wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:27:49 GMT, (Doug White)
wrote:

Over the years, a couple of people have mentioned being very fond of
their centering scopes. I've been thinking of getting one to use on my
mill. They seem to come in a range of powers, from 15X to 45X. There is
also the issue of Cheaper Chinese vs more expensive US or European units.
Never having used one, I have no idea what sort of alignment or focussing
issues there might be with different designs/brands. The one thing I
would like is something fairly short so I don't have to crank the table
up & down a lot swapping it in & out.

So, I'm opening the floor for discussion. Ideas, suggestions,
comments, etc.?

Thanks!

Doug White

I've been satisfied with my Chinese 45X from Enco:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=253&PARTPG=INLMK3

Ditto. Or maybe a little more satisfied, since I got mine on sale.
Mine was made in Korea, BTW, Skoal brand.

It's short, maybe 3" from the top of the 3/8" stub to the bottom
of the lens. Alignment and focussing are easy, though focussing is
tight enough that you have to use the fine downfeed. Lens to work
surface distance (focal length?) is appx 1".

Tove