Chip

Default Midway Phone Socket

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:44:37 GMT,it is alleged that Bill
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

In message , Kroma
writes
Also, if I turn off the power to the
upstairs electric sockets - the upstairs extension goes dead.

WHAT????????????????????????

Sorry but I can't think of anything else to say.

Is there a cordless DECT or similar phone plugged in upstairs? Therefore
you are cutting the power to its base unit. Surely you don't mean that a
plugged in normal phone stops working when you turn the power off do
you?

You are about to witness Kroma enter... the twilight zone.

Seriously... if this is a normal phone, maybe one of those mains
powered phoneline extenders is lurking somewhere. If not, the OP needs
to call an exorcist.

not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein