-=Scozia=-

Default How to attach ceiling pattresses securely

"diynovice" wrote in message

Hi,

My father has used a circular piece of wood to attach to the ceiling,
to which he then attaches the pattress of the ceiling light. It is done
for a more secure fastening to the ceiling, which in comparison to
simply attaching the pattress to the plaster i would have to agree (as
we have had several fall down). However, I think it's an unattractive
option...are there any better suggestions? Apologies in advance if this
is a very simple question, but as my user id suggests i am really new to
diy!

--
diynovice

If there is a conduit box in the ceiling then you can fix directly to that
using appropriate machine screws.

If the lights have been wired in Twin & Earth then the are usually (note the
use of usually) next to a joist so you can fix to that using long wood
screws.

-=Scozia=-