Andy Hall

Default Plasma or led screen

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:55:46 +0100, Hamie
wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Grunff wrote:

dave wrote:

Now reaching the end of some works to my house I am thinking of
fitting a 42" plasma screen t.v. I recall reading on an old thread,
that I can't find, that they produce some heat. I don't intend to
mount it in an enclosure so don,t think this will be a problem. What
does concern me is its possible weight and type of fixing to the wall.
I was considering using m10 expanding type rawbolt.
It will be fixed above an unused chimney opening to old stock type
bricks.

They aren't that heavy - nowhere near as heavy as a biggish radiator
full of water. The brackets that come with them usually allow for 3
screws per bracket. As long as you use sensible sized screds (say
60mm+ no8/10) with wall plugs it will be more than adequate.

As for he heat, yes, they do produce some heat. Maybe 400W at a guess
for a 42". But again, this isn't anywhere near as much as a radiator :-)

But is about the same as an aga, which heats the whole house at this
time of year...and a 30 sq meter kitchen in winter...

Surely an Aga has got to put put more than 400W.... 4kW perhaps...

Definitely not. The maximum is about 1kW and that is after a major
cooking session. In steady state it is no more than 750W with gas or
oil models because the burner modulates.

I've measured the input gas rate and calculated the power consumption.

From
when we last built a computing lab at one of my old jobs, a PERSON puts
out about 400W... (Used for calculating how much aircon you require).

In rest state, a human is about 100W.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl