Hamie

Default Plasma or led screen

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Grunff wrote:

dave wrote:

Now reaching the end of some works to my house I am thinking of
fitting a 42" plasma screen t.v. I recall reading on an old thread,
that I can't find, that they produce some heat. I don't intend to
mount it in an enclosure so don,t think this will be a problem. What
does concern me is its possible weight and type of fixing to the wall.
I was considering using m10 expanding type rawbolt.
It will be fixed above an unused chimney opening to old stock type
bricks.

They aren't that heavy - nowhere near as heavy as a biggish radiator
full of water. The brackets that come with them usually allow for 3
screws per bracket. As long as you use sensible sized screds (say
60mm+ no8/10) with wall plugs it will be more than adequate.

As for he heat, yes, they do produce some heat. Maybe 400W at a guess
for a 42". But again, this isn't anywhere near as much as a radiator :-)

But is about the same as an aga, which heats the whole house at this
time of year...and a 30 sq meter kitchen in winter...

Surely an Aga has got to put put more than 400W.... 4kW perhaps... From
when we last built a computing lab at one of my old jobs, a PERSON puts
out about 400W... (Used for calculating how much aircon you require).