clifto

Default Powering up an ATX PS ?

DaveM wrote:
That's pretty much all there is to those little cheapie testers... A
little box containing a minimal load, some LEDs that give a go//nogo
indication of all the voltages, a switch that lets you turn the PS on-off
from the box and an instruction sheet that was written by a Chinese
housewife and translated into English by a Russian schoolboy.

Years ago I was asked to do some product manuals for a company that
didn't exactly have a manual writer. I asked for a few examples of
current manuals. One I was handed was pretty bad, and I jokingly said
that it looked like it was written by a 20 year old exchange student
from Iran. Without smiling, the lady told me it had been written by
the designer, a 22-year-old exchange student from Turkey. She wasn't
kidding, she knew the guy.