3T39

Default Source For LED Panels (See Design)

Hello, Steve!
You wrote on Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:31:23 GMT:

ST This is what the rear end looks like:
http://216.110.197.146/ltdrear.jpg

ST I want to install LEDs to do a couple of things. The first is to give
ST the "instant on" look for safety and the second is to reduce the
ST current draw going to the rear of the car when the tail lights are on
ST and you have your foot on the brakes.

ST I've seen the cheap bayonet replacement LED based 1157s and they suck.
ST Yeah, they are bright and give the LED look, but only in a single spot.
ST You don't have soft diffusion like you do with a filament bulb.

ST So, I drew up a little blueprint of what I'd like to find for my LTD.
ST Look at my design and tell me if such a board already exists in mass
ST production. (Just don't laugh at the drawings... I'm no architect!
ST lol) If it doesn't exist, I'd be willing to pay someone with soldering
ST skills to create four of these.

ST http://216.110.197.146/led_design.gif

ST The drawing is not perfect and the device doesn't need to be exactly
ST like this, but just a flat panel around 3 to 4" high and roughly 6-10"
ST long. I can disassemble my tail lamp housings and fit these panels in
ST there with the LED's facing the diffuser lense and I think it would
ST give an EVENLY DIFFUSED look to both the tail lamp lighting and the
ST lighting when you hit the brakes.

ST Ideas???

You can buy off the shelf replacements for the 1157's these use a lot less
current. It's just got to be easier.

check this link out
http://makeashorterlink.com/?A2461221C

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail: