normandy16

Default A Different Potterton Problem

geoff wrote in message ...

Are the other timings repeatably the same, or iffy timings ?

Yes, it is very constant in behaviour

Are the rads getting warm, i.e is the system up to temperature - do you
have a blockage in the system?

Yes, all rads get hot, I'm very confident there is no blockage.
Also tested using Hot water circuit only, ie a low resistance loop
[28mm to tank] and it is exactly the same

The red LED should only be on when the temperature is satisfied (i.e.
hot or no call for heat (temp ctrl the temp sensor so to speak), as in
the table in the manual)

agreed - it is the fact that mine goes out after 10 secs that I
believe is the problem

I think my next move is to replace U5 on the PCB but I don't really
think it is faulty. There is a deeper problem somewhere. The red LED
follows the output of U5 perfectly.
What I really need is info on the large chip -U9.
It is a Phillips chip but they do not admit to its existence on their
web site
2 numbers on it..
PHC_144095 which I think is a phillips code of some sort and..
K9V215 - which I think is the proper chip number
As I say - I can't find any info on either numbers. I gues its a micro
processor of some sort?
Anyone have any info please!

Thanks for the reply