Ian Stirling

Default Workshop Wiring - Prep work before Electrician

Sunbeam wrote:

"jonni" wrote in message
.. .
In the process of purchasing a timber garage which will be used

exclusively
as a workshop. I am trying to do as much as possible on my own and have

just
finished compacting the hardcore prior to concrete pouring (yet to be
arranged).

http://www.btinternet.com/~jonni/images/base.jpg

What I'd like to do now is dig a trench for a run of armoured cable from

snip
Might it not be worth increasing the trench depth a little and burying 1 or
2 plastic drainage type pipes? From experience I know that these projects,
like Topsy, can just grow & grow!
Not too far hence you may want a LAN connection, or a phone line, or a
water supply.

Indeed, or a little railway system to bring you things from the kitchen.

Beginning to wish I'd gone for more than 40mm conduit to the garage -
and it's empty at the moment.
I realise now that 60mm would have been far nicer to put water in.

With 2*2.5mm t+e (easier than pulling 6mm), 2* coax (satellite, and FM/UHF
(to resite dish and antennae)), it's getting a bit tight.
Not to mention that I meant to add, but forgot about some old 50 pair
phone cable, that might be handy.
50/60mm would have been lots easier.

Though this way of thinking tends to lead to the realisation that
it'd be much easier if you put in larger pipe, with internal lights, so you
could crawl into it and play with the cabling out of the rain.