mm

Default Use Of Sta-Bil Gas Fuel Stabilizer

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:50:44 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Helo:

Regarding the gas stabilizer Sta-Bil product, and winter storage of
lawnmowers, etc:

After running the tank, and hopefully most of the carb, dry, is it OK to put
a little
Sta-Bil in the empty tank and cranking over a few times to distribute ?

Or, is it too concentrated to be used safely this way ?

It depends on whether it will ignite in the spring. If not, you'll be
stuck trying to get it out of the carb so gasoline can get in.

Personally, I suspect if it it burnt well, it wouldn't be able to do
what it is supposed to do.

That's not to say it won't burn if a match is applied, but to burn in
a carb the liquid has to be very volatile. Kerosene burns too but
it's not volatile enough to burn in a carbureted engine. (I realize
now that I don't know how diesels work, but I don't think there are
any diesel lawnmoweres ??)

I wouldn't do it. I used Sta-bil in one lawn mower last fall, as
directed, and the mower started up fine the next year. I am tempted
to use it the whole second half of the summer, because in my
situationI can't predict which tank will be the last.

B.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.