Jonathan Grobe

Default Is a woodstove worth the money?

On 2005-10-28, wrote:
Is a wood stove worth the money? I have read that 70% goes up the
fireplace normally, but that with a woodstove it doesn't.

Any comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

A woodstove is going to require a great deal of labor
adding the wood to the stove. So unless you are getting
free wood I suggest a wood pellet stove or corn stove as
a much better alternative (you only have to fill them once
a day or so). Corn stoves are appealing in the rural midwest,
but are less appealing in big cities where is may be more
difficult to get corn cheaply.

--
Jonathan Grobe Books
Browse our inventory of thousands of used books at: