Frank Boettcher

Default Unisaw Electrical Plug

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:09:37 -0400, Greg wrote:

Frank Boettcher said:

All the electrical stuff accurate. 3 HP comes with a NEMA 6-15 plug
and will work appropriately with a 20 AMP receptacle.

You can always get a 30" in either a Bies or a Unifence if you are
space constrained and don't want to fool with cutting off a rail.
Unifence has more neat features; Bies is a little tougher. Both great.

Frank

Thanks, Frank. The outlets apparently aren't a problem - I tried to
think ahead when I installed the sub-panel. But later, I viewed
another guy's saw that had a twist-lock 30 amp plug wired on - got me
worried. His receptacle wouldn't fit in my metal boxes. Thanks for
the confirmation. (I'm using conduit with THHN wiring and combination
120/240v outlet boxes.)

http://www.thevideodoc.com/Images/outlets.jpg

You think that's odd, check out these Leviton outlets:
Dual 120/240v 20A sockets in one receptacle!
http://www.thevideodoc.com/Images/dualoutlets.jpg

The problem with a different fence is that the $1249 Unisaw special I
am looking at comes only with a 50" Bies, extension table and legs.
If I want a shorter rail or a Uni Fence, it'll cost me $1699. Big
difference in $$$...

Greg G.

Yeah, that often happens with these specially priced packages. So I
would go back to Swingman's original recommendation. Get it in see if
it will fit and if worse comes to worse pull the guide rail and have
it cut to fit. You can probably find a metal fab shop with a band
saw that can neatly cut it for a few bucks. You can cut down and
reskirt the table yourself.

Good Luck

Frank