Christopher Tidy

Default Sigourney High speed drill press?

Gunner Asch wrote:
I wound up with a dual Sigourney M-100 high speed drill press..or
rather 2 of them on a single table.

much like this single unit found on a web search

http://goldmachinery.com/cc/catalog.cgi?5527
http://goldmachinery.com/cc/catalog.cgi?2014

This had been stuck away in a dark corner of a shop for many
years..they couldnt get it to run, so they stuck it away. When I
noticed it under a thick layer of dust..they told me to take it home.

On a hunch, I pulled them apart and found them to be wired for 480vts,
and changed em to 230. They now run like raped apes, and with a .02

That made me chuckle. I'll store that phrase for future use...

Nice looking drill presses. Good find.

Chris