Andy Cuffe

Default Portable HDTV Set

On 28 Oct 2005 19:45:37 -0700, "
wrote:

The DTV standard for over the air broadcasts requires a good and stable
incoming signal from the antenna. In the RV if you are parked and can
orient the antenna you should be fine. If you want to use it while
driving, it is not going to work. There will be too much 'ghosting' of
the incoming digital signal and the tuners won't handle it well.

I am not certain there will ever be a market segment for what you are
searching.

It may be a few years before technology allows a cheap portable ATSC
TV, but it will happen. I think it's foolish to think people will
just stop wanting portable TVs because they're digital now. People
like their NTSC portable color TVs even though you can't get a very
good color picture most of the time and the screens are too small to
really enjoy it. It's certain that people won't want NTSC portables
after they stop NTSC broadcasting. Using a battery portable TV with
an AC powered receiver box makes about as much sense as using a
walkman with a rack component CD player.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005