Gunner Asch

Default Sigourney High speed drill press?

I wound up with a dual Sigourney M-100 high speed drill press..or
rather 2 of them on a single table.

much like this single unit found on a web search

http://goldmachinery.com/cc/catalog.cgi?5527
http://goldmachinery.com/cc/catalog.cgi?2014

This had been stuck away in a dark corner of a shop for many
years..they couldnt get it to run, so they stuck it away. When I
noticed it under a thick layer of dust..they told me to take it home.

On a hunch, I pulled them apart and found them to be wired for 480vts,
and changed em to 230. They now run like raped apes, and with a .02
drill bit was able to drill quickly and easily to .5 in 303. Very
sensitive feel. Bearings were gummy, so filled the quills with ATF,
which it seemed to like.

Anyone have any casual info on these? The assembly is marked "Sold by
Pratt and Whitney", along with the Sigourney labels.

Rather fascinating little *******s, and well designed and engineered.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner