afdr9lk

Default South Bend cross slide repairs

Tony wrote:
I believe the oil will flow into the groove and find its way into the hole.
Southbend thought of that already.

Tony

"afdr9lk" wrote in message
nk.net...
I'm doing some work on my South Bend "Heavy 10" cross
slide. I noticed that the oil hole that lubes one of
the feed screw bearings is not aligned with the hole
on the feed screw assembly. When the feed screw
assembly is tightened it is misaligned as shown by
the orange dot in the photo. My first instinct is
to cut a shim and place it between the cross slide
body and the feed screw assembly making sure the
shim thickness provides alignment. I could redrill
the oil hole but I don't want to weaken the part
plus it could get out of alignment again. Does
a shim seem like the best fix?

http://www.freakyacres.com/?p=lathecs.php

I saw that groove but it looked like it was created
by some idiot taking out the feed screw with the
set screw ran down into the nut. Are you telling me
all of them have that groove?