Toller

Default Backfeed generator through dryer outlet?

"Me" wrote in message
In article ,
"Toller" wrote:

A couple years ago I asked the same question. Someone came up with at
least
one example.
It does seem unlikely; if your main breaker is closed, your genny should
stall immediately when it tries to power the neighborhood. The only way
you
could kill a lineman is if YOUR line if down and he is fixing it, or if
(and
even this is a reach) you plugged in while he what handling a nearby
line.
Of course, even then he is supposed to be protected from live wires by
insulation.

Bzzzzt, wrong answer and asumption, would you like to try for whgat is
behind Door #1.......

Bull. In the last 5 years we have had 3 poweroutages where I used my
generator. There wasn't a lineman within 5 miles of me on any of them. My
2kw generator is going to power up 80 square miles? Don't think so.