mm

Default Is a woodstove worth the money?

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:14:10 -0700, "Bill"
wrote:

Then for the money saving part, you would need a free or cheap supply of
firewood. Then would need to buy a chainsaw and safety equipment (if you
want to saw safely) like; good boots, chaps, eye goggles, gloves, hard hat
(if felling), and ear plugs if a loud saw.

Also need to have a pick-up or trailer to haul the wood.

For splitting, I first cut all my wood, then rented a log splitter for $60 a
day. Or you can buy one for about $1,300.00.

A wood stove is a great "exercise" program. Installing stove, cutting and
hauling wood to truck, splitting wood, etc. A LOT of work!

Wouldn't it be easier for us if they would just grind up the wood into
atomic sized particles and pump it through a pipe?
I probably
will not be able to cut firewood, etc. when I get older, so might be a good
idea to have another source of heating if needed...

Long ago, my father was 53 when he bought his first house, with a coal
furnace. He filled it in the morning, but my 37 y.o. mother had to
fill it the rest of the day.

So he bought an automatic stoker, so he only had to fill it in the
morning and once at night..

A year or two after that, he bought a gas furnace.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.