mm

Default Metal Roofing Guillotine (shear)

On 28 Oct 2005 12:42:16 -0700, wrote:

I here talk of cutting metal roofing panels with a guillotine.
Is this a special design that has the panel profile cut into the
stationary portion of the machine (to support the ridges, etc) or do
they just mean a regular sheet-metal shear?

I haven't heard anything about this, but I'm certain the backing of
the sheet would be the same shape as the line to be cut. Otherwise
there will be metal distortion, no matter how sharp or fast the
guillotine is.

Aiui, they sometimes use a guillotine to cut wood also, or they used
to. It saves the amount that would be lost as sawdust if cut by a saw.

Dave

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.