Bill

Default Is a woodstove worth the money?

For me, *the* most important thing was to get coverage by my insurance
company. Otherwise if there was a fire, I could lose everything. They would
not cover it.

This means a label on the unit/stove, an installation manual, installed to
code and inspected, and everything done to manufacturers specifications.

So a used woodstove would be worthless to me without it having a label and
installation instructions.

Different stoves have different clearance requirements from the wall,
chimney requirements, and hearth requirements. All of this is in the
installation manual which the inspector wants to see.

And the chimney also has its own installation manual and specifications.

New stoves/inserts may not draft properly in an existing brick chimney.

All sorts of stuff to be concerned about here...

wrote in message
I have somone who wants gas logs and will sell me their insert for $250
- $500. That's just the cost to move it and install it. I don't know
about the code part. I can get the wood to burn. I am mostly worried
about fire and carbon monoxide poisoning. It has been very difficult
to find mover or people that want to move the fireplace insert. I
think they just want me to buy new. I guess I could get advice from
the county on who to talk to.