Greg G.

Default Unisaw Electrical Plug

LRod said:

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:28:16 -0400, Greg wrote:

Keep watching that mail box...

Shoulda known - you slut. Anyone who lives near Jacksonville... ;-)
(Lived there for 8 years - but not a townie.)

Actually lived there myself, although it was 35 years ago--'68-'73.
Never thought I'd come back to North Florida, but OB is really nice.

When were you there? Squid?

Ha! No - Mayport Road area soon became "off limits" due to the
profusion of lonely Navy Wives. Everyone I worked with or met had
some history with the USN - frankly got kinda tired of it. And the
'term of affliction' definitely wasn't appreciated by enlisted folks.

Lived in Ponte Vedra and Jax Beach and worked off Beach Blvd near 9A
as an electronics tech. Spent 8 months working in Tampa and 2 in
Whorlando as well. Decided I didn't want to live near the beach as
much as I thought I did. Too many developers showed up and turned it
into the same sort of place I left. (Atlanta) Overall, I was in
Florida between '92 and '01. The only parts of Florida that haven't
become "McMansion" or "McTourist" Land are the Everglades, and NW
Florida, and they've got their eye on that as well. I remember when
Ocala was a 1 light town, and Cape Coral was a sand dune. They've
even 'auctioned' off parts of the Ding Darling Wildlife refuge to
retiring senators and other muckity mucks. Now we're thinking about
Mountains, far from the herds, and high enough to protect ourselves
from the roving bands of food and fuel pirates. :-o

Greg G.