Greg G.

Default Unisaw Electrical Plug

LRod said:

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 21:33:47 -0400, Greg wrote:

LRod said:

I'm not sure whether the 6-15 is "rated" at 20 amps or not. I know
they are keyed that way. However, on the 120V side, same situation, I
have $1000 that says if you go into your kitchen, where, by code,
there are two 20 amp circuits, you will find nothing but "15 amp
receptacles" (the two vertical bars), even though the plug pattern for
a "20 amp receptacle" is one vertical and one horizontal. The NEMA 20
amp receptacles have a dual slot on one side to accomodate both 15 and
20 amp plugs.

Proofreading mistake - the T slot is on the neutral, not the hot.

Well, we have 20 amp receptacles in our kitchen as required by local
code. (The obvious giveaway being the T-shaped hot.) As do the 20
amp receptacles in the garage - in addition to the required GFCI
breakers. But I do not deny that most likely, most homes have 15 amp
sockets, 'cause that's what the contractor bought a bulk box of.
Codes vary as do inspectors. ($$$) You may mail my $1000 to:

Heh, heh.

Keep watching that mail box...

Shoulda known - you slut. Anyone who lives near Jacksonville... ;-)
(Lived there for 8 years - but not a townie.)

Greg G.