Greg G.

Default Unisaw Electrical Plug

Frank Boettcher said:

All the electrical stuff accurate. 3 HP comes with a NEMA 6-15 plug
and will work appropriately with a 20 AMP receptacle.

You can always get a 30" in either a Bies or a Unifence if you are
space constrained and don't want to fool with cutting off a rail.
Unifence has more neat features; Bies is a little tougher. Both great.

Frank

Thanks, Frank. The outlets apparently aren't a problem - I tried to
think ahead when I installed the sub-panel. But later, I viewed
another guy's saw that had a twist-lock 30 amp plug wired on - got me
worried. His receptacle wouldn't fit in my metal boxes. Thanks for
the confirmation. (I'm using conduit with THHN wiring and combination
120/240v outlet boxes.)

http://www.thevideodoc.com/Images/outlets.jpg

You think that's odd, check out these Leviton outlets:
Dual 120/240v 20A sockets in one receptacle!
http://www.thevideodoc.com/Images/dualoutlets.jpg

The problem with a different fence is that the $1249 Unisaw special I
am looking at comes only with a 50" Bies, extension table and legs.
If I want a shorter rail or a Uni Fence, it'll cost me $1699. Big
difference in $$$...

Greg G.